Five Children and It

pedropfc
I was browsing through IMDb, making sure if there was something knew I wasn’t aware of.  So I’ve found the BBC TV drama from Edith Nesbit novel “Five Children and It”.  As the title goes that the children discovered a sand-fairy in their gravel pit, they are jolly surprised and a little delighted. Even better, the Psammead is able to grant them wishes, although the magic wears off at the day's end.

There are two episode relate to this scenario as a boy named Robert wished to be bigger than the baker’s boy who bullied him.  He then grows up to eleven feet tall and got the revenge by scaring the baker’s boy away.  You can see that on episode 4 at 17:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-7ONArNR6A

The series does rollover on episode 5 when Robert, still at eleven feet tall, is being taken to the fair for coins.  Of course his wish ends at sunset and ends up back to normal at 10:10 in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzDfUCMiPMA

Although the effects and size comparisons may not be great since it’s 1991 television series as such, but oh well!  It is what it is.

Re: Five Children and It

giantboyszone
Administrator
Great finds!  We'll add them soon!